MWC Kigali 2023
MWC Kigali 2023, hosted at the Kigali Convention Centre from October 17th to 19th, is set to bring together powerful innovators and political leaders from all corners of Africa. This event seeks to create a better future for the continent by addressing pressing issues. The key topics include bridging the digital divide, harnessing mobile technology for socio-economic development, and aligning industries with UN Sustainable Development Goals. These discussions revolve around MWC Kigali’s four core themes: Accelerate Africa, FinTech, HealthTech, and Powering Digital, all aimed at advancing the digital era on the African continent.
At TechAfrica News, our mission is to be the bridge between innovation and progress in Africa. By covering events like MWC Kigali, we believe that sharing the stories of technological advancements on this vibrant continent can inspire a brighter, digitally connected future for all.Akim Benamara, Founder of TechAfrica News
Watch the MWC Kigali Keynotes!
TechAfrica News is bringing MWC Kigali to you! From the most inspiring speakers to participating in debates about the hottest topics in technology – watch the keynote sessions live from Kigali.
MWC Kigali is back. The African continent’s most influential connectivity event, uniting leaders from across the ecosystem; from start ups, industry leaders to government agencies and ministers. Join us as H.E. President Kagame officially opens MWC Kigali and help us build a digital Africa, together.
With the world’s youngest population, demand for digitalisation across Africa has grown at its fastest pace through rapid urbanization and a huge increase in the consumption of online services. Join us as we hear from the leaders across the region on their role in creating our digitally connected future.
Today, through cloud, hundreds of thousands of businesses are being powered to transform and with increasing investment into digital infrastructure, efforts towards 5G will be critical to ensure the growth of Africa’s economies and livelihoods for years to come. Join us as we explore what can be achieved when governments and industry leaders align to fulfil the promise of a connected Africa.
A fully connected and intelligent world, powered by mobile connectivity, can deliver new experiences and build communities around great content, all of which cannot be achieved alone. As a new path of digital collaboration emerges, are we entering an era defined by who your partners are?
Latest News from MWC Kigali 2023!
- Competition and Affordability: Protei’s Strategy for 5G Success in Multi-Vendor EnvironmentsDuring AfricaCom 2023, Vladimir Freinkman, VP of Protei, discussed the challenges faced by telecom operators in transitioning to 5G, emphasizing the critical issue of ensuring a return on investment. While 5G deployment for B2C markets poses challenges due to consumer reluctance to pay extra for faster services, the B2B segment, particularly in industries like mining and oil in Africa, shows promise. Protei aims to address these… Read more: Competition and Affordability: Protei’s Strategy for 5G Success in Multi-Vendor Environments
- Wingu Africa Tailored Strategies for Success in Africa’s Tech LandscapeThe interview delved into Wingu Africa’s tailored strategies, spotlighting cultural understanding and adaptability as key elements in addressing the unique needs of each region.
- Innovation Beyond Connectivity: Ciena’s Vision for Africa’s Networking LandscapeMartinez outlined the company’s active role in advancing 5G technology on the continent, emphasizing its focus on routing and switching aggregation components, network slicing, and monetization.
- From Concept to Reality: AXIROS’s Evolving Technologies Transforming Telecom LandscapeIn a recent interview with TechAfrica News, AXIROS’s CEO, Kurt Peterhans, shed light on the company’s participation in Africacom 2023, emphasizing the showcase of key technologies and solutions. The discussion delved into Peterhans’ perspective on the new Broadband Forum standard, User Services Platform (USP), exploring its potential use cases and aligning them with AXIROS’s product offerings. Insights were shared regarding the reception of AXIROS’s offerings in… Read more: From Concept to Reality: AXIROS’s Evolving Technologies Transforming Telecom Landscape
- Syniverse on Filling the Gap Between Legacy and Advanced Networks in AfricaIn a recent interview with TechAfrica News, Dany Rahal, Sales Executive Director MEA at Syniverse, highlighted the company’s 30 years of industry expertise and addressing specific regional needs, solidifying Syniverse’s position as a key player in shaping the future of telecommunications on the continent.
- Navigating AfricaCom 2023 – Unveiling the Future of African TechStay tuned for the exclusive TechAfrica News coverage right from the showfloor of AfricaCom 2023!
- Q&A | Intersec Prioritizing Data Monetization: Telcos in Africa’s New Revenue FrontierIn a discussion with Souad Touil, Regional Sales Director Africa of Intersec, we explored how the company plays a vital role in helping African telcos address evolving challenges, from data monetization to regulatory compliance and geolocation strategies, offering comprehensive solutions to enhance their operations and public safety efforts.
- Takeaways from MWC Kigali 2023: Shaping Africa’s Digital TrajectoryRead now the TechAfrica News Insights from MWC Kigali 2023
- LINX’s Vision for Togetherness: A Catalyst for Tech Advancement in AfricaExploring the pivotal role of togetherness in the African tech and telecom industry, LINX showcases the power of collaboration in driving innovation, fostering growth, and accelerating digital transformation through strategic partnerships
- Beyond Transactions: Experian Bridging the Financial Services Gap in AfricaIn a recent interview conducted by TechAfrica News with Ferdie Pieterse, the Chief Executive Officer of Experian for Africa, critical insights into the state of financial inclusion in the African context were discussed. Pieterse emphasized the significant challenge of limited financial access in the continent, particularly in South Africa, where only 19 million out of 42.2 million adults possess bank accounts. The 42.2 million people in… Read more: Beyond Transactions: Experian Bridging the Financial Services Gap in Africa
- Chenosis CEO’s Take on Bridging the Financial Inclusion Gap in AfricaIn the interview with Saad Syed, CEO of Chenosis, the discussion centered on the critical issue of financial inclusion in Africa. He emphasized the significance of providing access to financial services to a demographic currently underserved in the banking sector. They highlighted the importance of establishing a financial footprint through data, ultimately enabling individuals to participate in the financial world. Our perspective on financial inclusion underscores… Read more: Chenosis CEO’s Take on Bridging the Financial Inclusion Gap in Africa
- Africa’s Path to Inclusive Digital Connectivity: Angela Wamola’s InsightsA conversation between Akim Benamara, Founder of TechAfrica News and Angela Wamola from the GSMA on the digital future of Africa
Rohde & Schwarz
Rohde & Schwarz is a global technology company specializing in test and measurement equipment, radio frequency (RF) and microwave technology, broadcasting and media solutions, and secure communications. With a history dating back to 1933, the company is renowned for its cutting-edge innovations in the field of telecommunications, contributing to the advancement of technology and connectivity worldwide.
PortaOne is a renowned software company that specializes in the development of billing, business support, and customer management solutions for telecommunications service providers. Founded in 2002, the company has established itself as a leader in the field of unified communications and VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol). PortaOne’s versatile and scalable software platforms cater to a wide range of telecom services, including hosted PBX, SIP trunking, and wholesale VoIP, enabling service providers to efficiently manage their operations, billing, and customer interactions. With a global presence, PortaOne’s solutions play a pivotal role in Africa, enhancing the telecommunications industry’s capabilities and service delivery.
Be sure to visit the PortaOne stand!
MwareTV is a dynamic and innovative company specializing in the development of cutting-edge software solutions for IPTV and OTT streaming services. With a focus on empowering service providers, MwareTV offers a versatile and customizable platform that enables the creation and delivery of IPTV and OTT content to a wide range of devices, including smart TVs, mobile devices, and set-top boxes. Their technology is designed to enhance the user experience, allowing service providers to offer interactive and personalized content, video-on-demand, and live streaming services. MwareTV’s solutions are instrumental in the evolution of the television and entertainment industry, catering to the diverse needs of modern viewers and service providers.
We first exhibited at MWC Africa last year, and we have a number of successful customers in the region. We really understand the pressures on telcos, MNOs and other bodies who recognize that a good television service is a tremendous driver in retaining subscribers, but who are overwhelmed by the technical, operational and legal challenges in launching such an offering. We bring a proven, comprehensive and affordable system, in the cloud and ready to roll out at very short notice.”Sander Kerstens, CEO, MwareTV
Sicurlock is a Spanish company specializing in the deployment of CyberLock access control technology around the world. CyberLock’s access control technology is well-suited for demanding professional and industrial applications. CyberLock locks are designed to be vandal-proof and have a strong track record of reliability, with numerous satisfied customers and extensive operational experience in harsh conditions. When combined with their robust management software platform, CyberLock’s end-to-end solution stands out as a compelling option for those seeking to deploy a highly reliable and durable access control system quickly and cost-effectively.
Established in 1987, Huawei has emerged as a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. With a vast workforce of 207,000 employees, the company’s presence spans across over 170 countries and regions, where it caters to the needs of more than three billion people worldwide. Huawei is resolutely committed to the vision of making digital connectivity accessible to every individual, household, and organization, contributing to the realization of a fully interconnected and intelligent world.
ZTE has maintained a presence in the African market for 27 years. Leveraging our cutting-edge technology, ZTE concentrates on enhancing communication and digital infrastructure development throughout Africa. Over this time, ZTE has delivered state-of-the-art network connectivity to over 400 million individuals on the continent. Additionally, they collaborated with governmental and industry partners on various initiatives, including expanding rural network coverage, facilitating distance education, supporting telemedicine, and advancing smart grid technology. They have an unwavering commitment to leverage technology for the betterment of local communities, transforming lifestyles and bringing benefits to the people in the region.
In recent years, the requirements of African countries for digital transformation have become more and more. ZTE would like to share our experience about network development and help to construct high-quality, high-reliability, and high-security networks in Africa. In nearly future, ZTE will carry out customized solutions to improve the customer experience for African countriesQuote from a GSMA Q&A with Mr. Wu Jianjun, ZTE’s CTA
Intelsat’s dedicated worldwide workforce is committed to delivering reliable and secure satellite-based communication solutions to a diverse clientele, including government entities, NGOs, and commercial enterprises, all through the company’s cutting-edge global network and managed services. By spanning the digital gap and operating one of the largest and most sophisticated satellite fleets and connectivity infrastructures globally, Intelsat empowers individuals and their devices to communicate across vast oceans, connect across continents, and communicate through the skies. For over six decades since its establishment, the company has remained synonymous with pioneering achievements in the satellite industry, consistently serving its customers and contributing to the well-being of the planet.
Avanti stands as the premier provider of high-throughput satellite capacity for the telecommunications sector across Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. We deliver high-throughput satellite backhaul solutions to both fixed and mobile operators, enabling them to extend their network coverage into remote regions.
LinkedIn: Avanti Communications