In the dynamic landscape of modern-day telecommunications in Africa:
- The advent of 4G and 5G networks has ushered in an era of heightened connectivity, enabling Telcos to delve into innovative data monetization strategies.
- the role of Telcos has transcended traditional connectivity services, evolving into multifaceted entities that not only facilitate communication but also contribute significantly to public safety
The Strategic Advantage of Metadata-driven Business Intelligence
While the historical focus revolved around market share and Average Revenue Per User (ARPU) through voice, SMS, and data services, the landscape is undergoing a profound transformation. This evolution prompts Telcos to harness advanced technologies to extract value from data and diversify revenue streams. Intersec assists Telcos in optimizing services and extracting value from data. The company collaborates with operators to harness the power of AI-driven data analytics, providing a 360° view of the customer journey. This empowers Telcos to predict customer behavior, reduce churn, and execute more contextualized marketing campaigns. Additionally, Intersec aids in the development of added-value roaming services, contributing to a more personalized and satisfying experience for users.
- Internally, Telcos leverage Intersec’s digital customer journey solutions to maximize ARPU by gaining a deeper understanding of their subscriber base. This understanding is not limited to basic demographics but extends to detailed insights into user behaviors and preferences.
- Externally, Telcos explore partnerships with B2B clients facilitated by Intersec, opening avenues for location-based advertising, large-scale geostatistics, etc. These external partnerships enable Telcos to monetize their data assets in innovative ways beyond traditional services, fostering mutually beneficial relationships.
Intersec is pivotal for African Telcos amid stagnant revenue, offering a 360° view of subscribers. Complying with data privacy laws, the platform provides AI-driven insights for service optimization, revenue assessment, and infrastructure planning. As a dedicated partner, Intersec empowers Telcos in navigating the dynamic telecommunications era.
Leveraging Technology for Public Safety in Africa
Public safety requirements have become an integral focus for Telcos in Africa, and Intersec stands at the forefront of this transformative journey. Intersec guides Mobile Network Operators and governments to effectively address critical emergency telecommunication challenges to minimize the impact of emergencies and disasters in compliance with global standards and national regulations.
- Early warning & public alerts: Intersec’s expertise in situational awareness and mass alerting capabilities has been transformative to bolster the region’s ability to respond swiftly and effectively to crises. Through collaborative efforts with international organizations and MNOs, Intersec has implemented robust early & public warning systems, leveraging real-time geolocation and advanced analytics. This strategic approach ensures timely and targeted alerts,on all dissemination channels minimizing the impact of natural disasters, terrorism attacks, and emergencies on the population.
- Real-time situational awareness instruments during crises facilitate the management of crowd movements, streamline search-and-rescue operations, and safeguard the well-being of the population.
- Emergency call location: One of the key contributions lies in the provision of ultra-precise geolocation for emergency calls, combining the AML with network-derived technologies. By offering accurate location information, Intersec enables emergency responders to navigate swiftly to the scene, a crucial factor in situations where time is of the essence.
In the realm of regulatory compliance, Intersec plays a pivotal role by adhering to data privacy regulations and industry standards. This commitment ensures the secure handling of sensitive information during emergency telecommunications services, fostering a trustworthy and compliant environment. Intersec’s contributions to Public Safety and Emergency Response in Africa extend beyond technological innovation; they represent a commitment to minimizing the impact of emergencies and disasters, ultimately safeguarding lives and fortifying communities against unforeseen challenges.
Telcos’ top priorities: key findings and future trends
In October and November, Intersec carried out an ad-hoc survey involving over 800 professionals within the telecom sector. The ensuing infographics depict the outcomes, emphasizing four significant clusters of data monetization use cases. While certain opportunities are currently available, others are anticipated to gain greater significance in the future.
Internal data monetization received the highest votes, given its success in collecting and utilizing customer and network data for personalized services and additional sales. However, telcos need more than internal data monetization to enhance their position and revenue. To reclaim their spot in the value chain, they must explore external data monetization opportunities with enterprise clients and partners in B2B2X digital ecosystems.
To delve deeper into these strategies, we invite you to connect with Intersec experts who can provide personalized guidance for your specific telecom challenges and aspirations.