As the company shared during its Stream On event, this expansion will help ensure that sounds and stories that once remained local can reach a global audience.
The streaming services’ dedication to international artists and listeners is unwavering. Working closely with local creators and partners, the company will deliver a Spotify experience that meets the unique needs of each market, with scaled language translations and specialized payment formats. These 80+ markets represent more than 1 billion people—potential Spotify listeners who have yet to tap into the power of the platform.
The existing rich music cultures in each of these markets will now be able to reach Spotify’s global audience. All this untapped music energy and access to Spotify’s innovative creator tools will help propel artists to new heights and empower them to turn their passion into a profession.
Plus, giving its artists a global platform goes hand in hand with offering an unmatched catalog for all listeners. By as entering new markets, the company will accelerate the discovery of more genres like K-Pop, reggaeton, and amapiano that have earned a place in the global music arena.
By reaching even more countries across Asia, Africa, the Caribbean, Europe, and Latin America, Spotify is giving millions of new creators the opportunity to create, discover, and build a career in audio creation—and giving a billion new fans the opportunity to hear it.
In each new market, Spotify will work with local creators and partners to expand its music offerings and deliver a Spotify experience that meets the unique needs of each market. Over time, the company aims to introduce the following offerings in each region:
- Plans: Free and Premium plans will be available across all the markets. In select markets, Spotify will offer Individual, Family, Duo, and Student Plan options.*
- User Experience: Listeners will be able to select and search from Spotify’s worldwide catalog when using the product, providing a personalized experience from day one. The home screen will surface personalized playlist programming for new listeners. The browse and search pages will feature worldwide content hubs, and adapt to the local market and the listener’s taste the more they use the service.
- Music Catalog: At launch, Spotify will offer its full global catalog in these new markets. The company will continuously work with local rights holders and partners to expand its catalog to include more local offerings.
- Podcasts: In the majority of these markets, Spotify will launch with its full podcast catalog.* For the others, it will work closely with local partners to introduce more podcasts from its catalog, as well as Spotify’s proprietary creator platform, Anchor.
- Platforms: Upon launch, the Spotify experience will be available on Mobile and Desktop Web Player.* Similar to other features, the company will work with partners to introduce Spotify on more platforms, including TV, Speakers, Wearables, and Car in the coming months.