Airtel Offers Free Transactions On Airtel Money Across All Bands
March 26, 2020
Airtel Kenya is grateful to the Governor of the Central Bank of Kenya Dr. Patrick Njoroge for bringing the all industry players together earlier today to discuss the issues affecting wananchi during this outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic in Kenya.
Following upon this meeting, and in response to H.E. President Uhuru Kenyatta’s appeal to mobile money operators to consider reducing mobile money transaction costs to customers, Airtel Kenya has decided to remove all its transaction fees, making it possible for Kenyans to send and receive money for FREE on its Airtel Money platform.
Starting on March 17, 2020, Airtel Kenya has waived all person to person transaction fees for Airtel Money customers across all the bands for the next 90 days.
Further to this, in boosting and supporting the SME and micro business enterprise, together with the Central Bank of Kenya the company has also revised the transaction limits for mobile money transaction as follows:
- The daily transaction limit for mobile money has been increased from Ksh. 70,000 to Ksh. 150,000
- Daily limit for mobile money transactions from Ksh. 140,000 to Ksh. 300,000
- Mobile Money wallet balance limit increased from Ksh. 140,000 to Ksh. 300,000
- The current tariff for mobile money transactions for Ksh.70,000 will apply for transactions up to ksh. 150,000
- Charges waived for transfers from airtel money wallet to the bank account
In partnership with the government, Airtel has set up a toll free line 719, where all customers can now access information and updates on the COVID-19. This will enable Kenyans to gain better understanding and knowledge on how to prevent and manage any suspected cases.